Celebrate National Pollinator Week
National Pollinator Week is a celebration of the valuable eco-system services provided by bees, butterflies, beetles, birds and beetles, and was initiated and is managed by the Pollinator Partnership.
Pollinators will forage on the flowers for nectar and pollen for their needed carbohydrates and protein. Well-nourished bees and other pollinators are more capable of fending off diseases and parasites and are an integral part of sustaining healthy eco-systems.
Suggestions to celebrate National Pollinator Week, as provided by Pollinator.org, are to:
▪ Download the BeeSmartTM Pollinator Gardener at the iTunes Store or Android Market
▪ Plant pollinator habitat in your garden, church, farm, school or office
▪ Give a BeeSmartTM School Garden Kit to a school of your choice
▪ Give a garden tour
▪ Coordinate group visits to botanical gardens
▪ Cook a pollinated meal (with ingredients of foods that rely on pollinators for propagation) for yourself, friends and family or provide pollinated treats for co-workers
BBB Seed’s Bee Rescue mixture is composed of annuals and perennials that will bloom all season long. It has been field tested and is known to attract honey bees, bumble bees and other native bees such as mining bees, leaf-cutter bees, sweat bees and long-horned bees, as well as other types of pollinators.
Add Your Comment
You must be logged in to leave a comment. Login