Don’t give the dog a bone | Living the Country Life
More
Close

Don’t give the dog a bone

December 22, 2011

Bob was called out at midnight for emergency dog bone surgery. A German Shepherd was gnawing on a round bone when it got stuck around his jaw. The photo below is not that dog, but another in California that had the same thing happen. Thanks to 911vets.blogspot.com for the photo. This is a common injury.
Bob said to tell all of you: Don’t give your dogs bones. Bones get lodged in throats, stuck in intestines, and caught in teeth. Your food is not meant for dogs.
That’s your cost-saving vet tip for the day! Oh, and keep that Christmas chocolate away from dogs. It can kill them.

  • Tags:

Add Your Comment

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Login

Latest Blogs

Lisa's Kitchen |
11/24/14 | 4:47 PM
I love treating my family to warm, yummy breakfasts, especially on cold days like those...read more
Betsy's Backyard |
11/19/14 | 9:48 AM
Our rams are busy now. We weighed and sorted all the lambs and sent the young replacement...read more

You might like...