I am a movie buff, so here are my Oscar predictions just for the heck of it. I will make it a Top 10 list with the predictions inside.
10. Blue Jasmine -- Clever and depressing. I felt like I was there on screen with Cate Blanchett, living her crazy life. She wins Best Actress.
9. 12 Years a Slave -- I did not enjoy this movie (how could you?), but I was awed by the performances, so it makes my Top 10 list.
8. American Hustle -- The women (Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence) were tremendous. The men, so so. The story didn't grab me as much as I hoped.
7. The Great Gatsby -- Weird, dreamy, mesmerizing. I fell for it.
6. Captain Phillips -- Tense. The last part in the lifeboat went on too long, but great acting and drama.
5. Gravity -- Loved the feeling of floating in space. The story and George Clooney were a bit looney.
4. Dallas Buyers Club -- I forgot people were acting in this movie it was so real. Jared Leto Best Supporting Actor.
3. Nebraska -- This movie nails small-town Midwest and the challenges of aging. Funny, sad. June Schibb wins Best Supporting Actress.
2. Philomena -- I loved this sweet movie. Loved Judi Dench's performance and her character's forgiving nature.
1. The Wolf of Wall Street -- I don't condone a thing in this movie, but what a wild ride. Leonardo DiCaprio wins Best Actor. Martin Scorsese is Best Director and this is my Best Picture. Judge away, but I was highly entertained.
Disclaimer: I did not see Her or August: Osage County