Caramel-pear pudding cake
Number of Servings: 16
Prep: 30 min
Slow Cook: 3 hr to 3 hr 30 min (low)
Cool: 45 min
Nonstick cooking spray
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons flax seed meal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup fat-free milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup snipped dried pears or dried apples
1 cup water
1 cup pear nectar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter
Fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt (optional)
1. Lightly coat the inside of a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl stir together flour, granulated sugar, flax seed meal, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add milk and oil; stir just until combined. Stir in dried pears. Spoon batter evenly into the prepared cooker.
3. In a medium saucepan combine the water, pear nectar, brown sugar, and butter. Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve brown sugar. Reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Carefully pour over batter in cooker.
4. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until a thermometer inserted in the center of cake registers 200°F. If cake begins to look too brown on one side, carefully rotate crockery liner halfway through cooking, if possible. Turn off cooker. If possible, remove crockery liner from cooker. Let stand, uncovered, for 45 minutes to cool slightly.
5. To serve, spoon pudding cake into dessert dishes. If desired, top with yogurt. (Note: This cake should not be inverted onto a serving platter due to the large quantity of hot sauce under the cake layer in the cooker.)
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 201 cal., 5 g Fat, total (1 g sat. fat, 3 g Monounsaturated fat, 1 g Polyunsaturated fat, 0 g Trans fatty acid), 4 mg chol., 157 mg sodium, 37 g carb., 1 g fiber, 24 g sugar, 2 g pro.
Add Your Comment
You must be logged in to leave a comment. Login