Corned Beef and Cabbage Calzones
Number of Servings: 4
Prep: 8 min | Cook: 10 min
Bake: 12 min to 14 min at 400°
1 teaspoon caraway seed, lightly crushed
6 ounces cooked corned beef, finely chopped
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1 14- to 16-ounce package shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix)
1 13.8-ounce package refrigerated pizza dough
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Bottled Thousand Island Salad Dressing (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets; set aside.
2. In a 12-inch skillet cook caraway seeds over medium-high heat until lightly toasted. Add corned beef and red onion. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add slaw mixture and pepper. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until wilted. Remove from heat; cover. Set aside. Drain before using, if necessary.
3. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pizza dough. Roll dough into a 16x16-inch rectangle. Cut into quarters with a pizza cutter or kitchen shears. Place 1/4th of the mixture on each dough piece. Moisten edges with water and fold dough over filling to form a rectangle pocket. Roll edges up. Press edges with a fork to seal. Place on the prepared baking sheets.
4. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until golden brown, rotating sheets half way through baking time. Remove cooked pockets to a cooling rack using a large spatula. Cool 1 minute before serving.
5. Serve with Thousand Island dressing.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 380 cal., 11 g Fat, total (3 g sat. fat, 4 g Monosaturated fat, 0 g Polyunsaturated fat, 0 g Trans fatty acid), 42 mg chol., 1206 mg sodium, 54 g carb., 4 g fiber, 10 g sugar, 17 g pro.
Add Your Comment
You must be logged in to leave a comment. Login