Irish Pots de Crème
Number of Servings: 6
Prep: 15 min
Chill: 3 hr
Bake: 35 min at 325°
6 egg yolks
1/4 cup sugar
1 3/4 cups whole milk
1/4 cup Irish cream liqueur
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
4 cups hot water
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar in a medium-size bowl until the mixture is well blended. Heat the milk gently in a small saucepan just until it reaches simmering. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
3. Whisk a small amount of the hot milk into the yolk mixture; then whisk the yolk mixture into the hot milk in the saucepan. Stir in the liqueur and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a 4-cup glass measure to remove any cooked pieces of egg.
4. Pour the milk mixture into six 4-ounce ramekins or custard cups, dividing the milk mixture equally among the ramekins. Sprinkle the tops of the custards evenly with the nutmeg.
5. Place the ramekins in a 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Place baking dish with ramekins on middle rack in oven. Carefully pour enough hot water, about 4 cups, into baking dish to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
6. Bake pots de creme in water bath in 325 degree F oven for 35 minutes or until centers are just set. Remove baking dish from oven; remove ramekins from water bath to cooling racks. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, 3 hours or overnight. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 138 cal., 8 g Fat, total (3 g sat. fat), 222 mg chol., 12 g carb., 43 mg sodium, 0 g fiber, 5 g pro.
Add Your Comment
You must be logged in to leave a comment. Login