Morel and asparagus pizza
Prep: 30 minutes Rise: 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes Bake: 12 minutes at 475° F
1 package active dry yeast
1 1/4 cups warm water (105°F to 115°F)
2 to 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups semolina flour
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons sugar
10 ounces morel mushrooms, cleaned and sliced 1/2-inch thick
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup sliced shallots (about 4)
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 teaspoons snipped fresh thyme
8 ounces thin asparagus, cleaned, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
8 ounces Gruyere cheese, shredded (2 cups)
Cracked black pepper
1. In a large bowl combine yeast and water. Let stand until yeast is dissolved; about 5 minutes.
2. Add 2 cups all-purpose flour, semolina flour, 3 tablespoons olive oil, salt and sugar. Mix by hand or on low speed of an electric mixer until well-combined. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining all-purpose flour for 6 to 8 minutes or until a smooth elastic dough is formed.
3. Transfer dough to a bowl lightly coated with additional olive oil, turning to coat all sides. Cover and let rise in a warm place until about doubled in size, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
4. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high cook and stir mushrooms in hot butter for 2 to 3 minutes until mushrooms just begin to soften. Add shallots, wine and thyme. Cook and stir for 4 to 6 minutes or until shallots are tender. Add asparagus; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Preheat oven to 475°F. Grease and dust 2 extra-large baking sheets with cornmeal. Punch dough down and divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface roll out one portion of the dough to 1/8-inch thickness (don't worry if its not perfectly round). Transfer to one prepared baking sheet.
6. Brush lightly with additional olive oil. Top with half the mushroom mixture and half the cheese; season to taste with pepper. Bake in oven on lowest rack about 12 minutes until crispy and brown. While first pizza is baking, repeat with remaining dough and toppings.
Yield: 2 pizzas
Nutrition Facts (per serving) : 458 cal., 18 g total fat (7 g sat. fat), 35 mg chol., 694 mg sodium, 54 g carb., 3 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 18 g pro.
Daily Values: 13% vit. A, 6% vit. C, 31% calcium, 23% iron
Add Your Comment
You must be logged in to leave a comment. Login