Pineapple-Marinated Loin Back Pork ribs with honey garlic tomato glaze
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
Grill: 3 hours 30 minutes to 4 hours 3 to 4 hr. in smoker or 1 1/2 to 2 hr. on grill.
Stand: 1 hour 1 hr.
6 to 8 hickory wood chunks or 4 to 5 cups hickory wood chips
1/4 cup pineapple juice
3 to 4 pounds pork loin back ribs
1/4 cup purchased dry rub
1 tablespoon chopped onion
1 garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup ketchup
1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup apple juice
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
1. Soak wood chunks (for smoker method) or wood chips (for grill method) in enough water to cover at least 1 hour before smoke-cooking. Drain before using.
2. Brush pineapple juice over ribs. Sprinkle with rub evenly over both sides of ribs; rub in with your fingers.
3. For a smoker, arrange preheated coals, drained wood chunks, and water pan in a smoker according to manufacturer's directions. Pour water into pan. If desired, place ribs in a rib rack. Place ribs on the grill rack over the water pan. Cover and smoke for 3 to 4 hours or until tender.
4. For a grill, arrange preheated coals around a drip pan in a grill with a cover. Test for medium heat above pan. Sprinkle drained chips over the coals. If desired, place ribs in a rib rack. Place ribs on the grill rack directly over the drip pan. Cover; grill for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until tender. Add more coals as needed to maintain heat.
5. Meanwhile, for sauce, cook onion and garlic in hot oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, apple juice, honey, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, salt, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, and celery seeds. Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.
6. Reserve 3/4 cup sauce. Brush ribs once or twice during the last 15 minutes of grilling with remaining sauce. Serve ribs with reserved sauce.
Number of Servings: 4
Nutrition Facts per: 818 cal., 51 g total fat (19 g sat. fat), 178 mg chol., 1322 mg sodium, 45 g carb., 0 g dietary fiber, 41 g sugar, 38 g protein.
Daily Values: 13 % vit. A, 19 % vit. C, 9 % calcium, 15 % iron.
Add Your Comment
You must be logged in to leave a comment. Login