Spiced Citrus Cocktail
Number of Servings: 4
Serving Size: 6 ounces
Start to Finish: 10 min
1 cup cranberry syrup, chilled (recipe below)
4 ounces (1/2 cup) vodka, chilled in the freezer
2 cups lemonade, chilled
Red and white gum drops (optional)
1. Stir the cranberry syrup and vodka together in a small pitcher with a spout. Carefully divide the mixture among 4 cocktail glasses.
2. For each serving, put a spoon, bowl side down, in the glass so that the tip of it rests on the glass just above the liquid. Pour 1/2 cup lemonade onto the back of the spoon so that it gently flows into the glass and settles on top of the cranberry mixture. If desired, thread gum drops onto cocktail skewers for garnish.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 278 cal, 0 g fat, 0 mg chol, 25 mg sodium, 56 g carb, 0 g fiber, 55 g sugar, 0 g pro.
1 cup grapefruit juice
1 cup cranberry juice
3 cups granulated sugar
1 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 orange, zested
1 lemon, zested
1 12-ounce package frozen cranberries, thawed
1/4 cup red decorating sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1. In a large saucepan combine the grapefruit juice, cranberry juice, 3 cups sugar, vanilla bean, cinnamon, zest, and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar has dissolved. Remove and allow to cool until warm but not hot, about minutes.
2. Add the cranberries to the mixture and stir. Let stand until room temperature. Transfer to a bowl; cover and chill overnight.
3. Drain cranberries well, reserving syrup and vanilla bean. Cover and chill the syrup with the vanilla bean for up to 3 weeks. Remove 1/2 (about 2 cups) of the cranberries. Toss with 1/4 cup red decorating sugar. Toss remaining cranberries with the 1/4 cup white sugar.
4. Spread the cranberries out in a parchment paper-lined shallow baking pan, keeping the colors separate. Let stand for 1 hour to dry. Store loosely covered at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Add Your Comment
You must be logged in to leave a comment. Login