Top 10 Small Farm Trends for 2014
Lynn Byczynski, Growing for Market, says these 10 areas are hot. Give them a try!
1. High tunnel, hoop house production
2. Winter farmer's markets
3. Cut flowers
4. Opening the farm for weddings, festivals, farm-to-fork dinners, etc.
5. Selling vegetable plants along with the veggies themselves
6. Selling pollinator plants for those who want to help support the bee population
7. Succulent plants
8. Cooperative CSA's
9. Classes and workshops on farms – fermentation is huge, canning, knitting, garden consulting
10. Hot crops: Ginger, particularly baby ginger, micro-greens, and hops & grains for local craft brewers
You might like...
Add Your Comment
You must be logged in to leave a comment. Login