10 things farmers want in a utility vehicle
1. Priced no more than $16,000 retail.
2. Engine: 1,000 cc +. Smooth running, low vibration. High torque output. Fuel injection. 55 mph limited top speed min. Extra large cooling capacity with downward tilted radiator. Easy access to a cleanable foam air filter, oil filter, and engine oil drain plug. High output charging system, 650 watts. 75% of max output at idle rpm.
3. Tires and wheels: 6 ply rating for puncture resistance. High durability. Traction and stability on hard surfaces. Rim diameter of 14”-16”, and tire diameter 26”– 27” to roll over ridges in fields. Wheel center lines to go down the middle of 30” rows, 2 rows under the vehicle. Good fender coverage for rider protection. 4WD that stays engaged during reverse. 2WD turf option.
4. Open chassis design that allows quick access for cleanout of debris and easy cleaning. Easy fire containment. 12-inch ground clearance minimum.
5. Brakes with 4 piston calipers, cross-drilled rotors, and parking brake lever, interlocked to keep machine from moving when the parking brake is on. In-gear starting ability with brake on.
6. Easy in and out of machine: Tilt steering wheel, bench seating, easy to remove full doors or netting.
7. Box: At least 54-inch square. Carrying capacity of 1,500 pounds. Dump box with lift assist. Low box height and ability to drop sides as well as tailgate.
8. Fuel tank that holds 10 gallons or more.
9. Inside the cab: Large glovebox or other sealed compartment, cupholders, full instrumentation that is viewable at a glance and easy to read.
10. Accessories: 4,500-lb winch, cab with glass windows, integrated heater, windshield wipers, radio, extra plug-ins, electric box lift, aluminum wheels, HID lighting kits, tow bar kits, snow plow, track kits, self-leveling shock kits, integrated A/C kit, fence wire winders, water tight storage boxes, gun scabbard holders. Class 3 hitch, front and rear. Towing capacity of 1 ton or more. Pre-wired for winch, front and rear. Bumpers that surround headlights and taillights. Halogen or LED bulbs with two lights aimed slightly to the sides. Wide angle work lights on back of machine. Large glovebox or other sealed compartment, cupholders, full instrumentation that is viewable at a glance and easy to read.
You might like...
Add Your Comment
You must be logged in to leave a comment. Login